Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving

SO..yesturday was thanksgiving...and umm umm was it wayy wayy waaaay good. I got up and helped my mommy the whole day preparing food. My family usually is all there, but now that they are all grown and up married with their own lives beside my brother Tristan and I, we where the only ones there this time...but anyways..we usually have thanksgiving traditions where the girls get up to help mom and watch the Macy's thanksgiving day parade of course, which was spectacular this year might i add. The boys go and have a turkey bowl and get all beat up...but my ward was lame this year and decided not to have one so my dad and brother had a turkey tennis bowl instead...where my dad whopped my brother...hahaha....then we invite certain people over from the ward each year who all bring food to contribute...it was soo good and i ate so much..i think i actually ate more then my brother this year...he was a weakling....anyways...after we finish with horsederves and dinner we all watch the cowboys game...where they always play on thanksgiving..go cowboys...and they won too yesterday...then we have dessert after we have settled our tummies and got hungry a little again...then we clean up after everyone leaves and watch a movie together...then today- next day- we go out to berry patch farms and get our christmas tree...a nice big fat one..this one is a 10footer i think this year......i love it all and i love the holidays with our awesome family traditions....YAY FOR CHRISTMAS COMING!!!!!!

3 comments:

La Roggia said...

MMM, Kates I wish I coulda been there to show you AND tristan up on who could eat the most!!! You better have eaten tons of yummy cheese dip for me! Did your dad make the caramel crispy bears this year? If so- you better mail one to me. Or save it for next time i see you which could be a while but it is worth it. Love you!

Emily Bartlett said...

Kaitsies I just found your blog and I love that family picture! It made me miss you guys :( Me and mom had a moment of silence and sadness when we thought of you guys going to Berry Patch without us. Boo! Sad! I hope you sang all the right Christmas songs ;)

PS: tell Alicia and Jesse to add me to their blog

hannahshirley said...

I can't wait to see you in Provo!